How I love Ellen's wisdom, practicality and down-to-earth, genuine kindness. She is a great mom and also a sweet grandmother-- always serving by babysitting and caring for her three grandsons. She is a treasure trove of knowledge and talent, but best of all, she is loyal and gentle-hearted.
The best thing about Mara is how she gets us all laughing. She has the best sense of humor, without which, I would probably never laugh (Wes and I are so non-funny, yes, we need to lighten up)! Mara is sensitive and inquisitive. Her questions have made me re-think myself. I have truly had to search myself as we have learned together things of truth and things about our own nature.
So, we have monthly "therapy sessions" and girl get-togethers. We treasure our time, longing to spend the day chatting for endless hours and then finally pulling ourselves to reality and back to our duties. Being friends with Ellen and Mara is the best thing about living here in San Bernardino and I love them so much! This December Mara's husband, Jose, was baptised into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He was then confirmed and ordained to the priesthood so that he could baptise his daughter, Josie. It was a wonderful evening and something we've all been praying for and hoping for for years!
9 comments:
Congratulations to all around! It is so wonderful when the right incentive comes along and makes a family whole. I'm glad your family got to play such a big role-- it's one to treasure forever.
That is so exciting about Mara's husband. I am glad to hear how they are doing. I know visiting Teaching is for sisters and friendships remain because of it. It is hard but I do so love it! Glad you get to see your friends and make it a habit.
This is a great post! Congratulations to your sweet friend and her husband. I would love to hang out with you sometime Melissa!
How exciting that you still get together every month what a blessing. I know how that is my visiting teaching companion I had when we moved to Riverside is now my best friend along with one of the ladies we visited who I watched her boys a lot and now Garrett and her boys are like brother's since Garrett didn't have a brother for so long. I'm so glad you posted pictures of Tony getting baptised what a blessing for their family! Thanks for sharing!
Wow...I had no idea he was not a member...and I never would have known either! What an awesome blessing for their family!
That is so great to hear about his baptism. I loved Mara from the first time I met her, I was so impressed with her and her family, and how the girls would always bear their testimonies.
This is such great news. I really love Mara and Ellen too and I miss seeing them regularly. Great news about Tony! He always impressed me because he cared so much for his family and worked so hard (2 jobs I think) to take care of his loved ones. They are such a great family. I really miss those girls in YW.
Thank you for sharing that experience/ testimony of visiting teaching. That is so neat that her husband decided to get baptized.
This is so awesome.It's too bad we just missed this. They all look so happy.
Post a Comment