Saturday, February 28, 2009

Morgan, our cat is better than your cat!

A few days ago, Morgan wrote a blog about her cat bringing two mice into the house.
http://somersfamilyest2002.blogspot.com/2009/02/midnight-adventures.html

Well, we have a story to tout hers!

We have two cats. Princess we also call "Fat Cat" because she is lazy and rolly. Pepper we call "Rat Cat" because she brings rats, mice, birds, gophers, etc. to our door up to three times a day. She's quite a predator. Princess lazes around and then chases the creatures that Pepper brings to the yard.

Tonight Wes was sitting at the table when he heard a strange squealing noise out the kitchen door. He had never heard a noise like it before. Catiously, he opened the door and peaked out. There was Pepper with her fresh dinner.



Feeling sorry for the creature, Wes shooed the cat and tried to protect the bunny. He, however, had no intention of picking it up, so he started hollaring in a high-pitched-excited voice, "Leah! Leah! Leah, come quick!" The cats were both doing there best to thwart Wes's plans and have dinner, while the bunny was doing its best to dissappear. I guess Wes thought Leah was the one to catch the bunny . . .

We all came running and, yes, rescued it! The poor thing has a bite in one side and both its ears are ripped up. We debated walking down the road and letting it go, or keeping it. For now it is sitting in the cat carrier and Pepper is pouting.

I told Wes to take a picture so we could post this blog and tease Morgan about our cat having a better catch than hers . . . Leah said, "Mom, isn't that bragging?"

I stand condemned.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! I didn't know cats dined on bunny. That is such a cute little bunny! And I would much prefer having bunny brought to the door than a mice, rat or other such rodent. Congrats on one-upping Morgan! (ha)

Morgan said...

I WISH it was a bunny Motors had caught! That is one cute bunny, too! Wes is coming around on the animal thing, isn't he! I'll bet Leah was inside out with excitement at having a bunny. Does she get to keep it?

Jill W said...

How did I miss this story? We have a bunny family in our backyard. They are so fat and cute. They stayed out of my garden boxes last year, but this year I'm planning a more extensive one. Hopefully they keep to the yummy clover we are growing "just" for them.