Wes shook me awake and said, "Can't you hear that?"
"Nope! I was just dreaming of some far off music playing . . ." That clock radio wasn't about to register as a signal to wake up!
I don't mind driving Ryanne, especially if I've slept well--which actually does happen some nights, like last night. I find that on the way to seminary Ryanne is likely to have a great "chatter-moment" and tell me things I otherwise would never hear. It's nice to have 10 minutes of her time to myself. She does amaze me--she gets herself up at 5am every morning all on her own and is always reading to go on time. She goes to seminary because she likes it and that makes me happy!
Later this afternoon I am off to one of Ryanne's water polo games. She has always loved to swim and now she loves it even more. Today is her second game on the JV team. The first game was pretty funny because none of the JV girls from either team knew all the rules and the refs were constantly hollering and directing them as the girls swam in all directions.
![]() |
| Ryanne grabs for the ball as the opposing team swarms her. Her green cap has slipped bakwards and is about to fall off. |
![]() |
| Now she's got it and is ready to pass-- Hurry! |
![]() |
| She is # 16--yup, wiping water out of her nose! This is right at the start of the game--they are going to sprint for the ball when the ref drops it. |
![]() |
| What a great face! |
![]() |
| Got it--ready to pass again! |
![]() |
| We are sooo cold! The girls didn't have their team swimsuits yet. Maybe they'll match next time! Guess what Ryanne's favorite Christmas present was? A water polo ball from her Aunt Christy! |






2 comments:
My brothers played water polo and it was a fall sport then. How funny. And they wore these huge parka looking jackets over their swimsuits to keep warm. I can't believe how grown up ryanne is!
I loved reading your post yesterday and today. How fun to have Ryanne playing water polo. What a responsible kid you have raised who gets herself up for Seminary? You should be proud of yourself!
Miss ya guys, but glad you are posting again:)
Post a Comment