Friday, May 20, 2011

Making Sugar Cookies with Mimi

I hate making sugar cookies.  You have to mix them.  Then refrigerate them, then roll them, then cut them, bake them, cool them, and, finally, frost them.  After all that, you have a big mess to clean up. 
Sooo much work! I am just no fun; a real party-pooper resides here. 
And that is why we have Mimi!  For once in my life, I actually had fun making sugar cookies with my kids.  This was because my mom did all the work.  I love you mom!  
You are the best!
Mimi made the dough and refrigerated it before we came up.
here we are getting ready to roll it out.

Mimi helps Leah.


Rolling out the dough is harder than she thought.

Elias needs a lot of help.

His idea of making cookies is to eat all the dough.


Papa like Elias' way of doing things.
He helps too. Yum!

Now Papa is helping Leah.

Later, after baking, we get to frost them.
The artist in Mckay likes this part.


Leah thinks eating should come immediately after frosting.

Mmmmm! Mmmm! Delicious.

And here I am!
I am having FUN!

I made a tree.

Papa and Elias are taking a break after all that cookie dough.

You can't really tell they've had lots of sugar, can you?!

1 comment:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

I can't stand making sugar cookies either. Love to eat them but the mess, ugh! Too be honest, I am not a cookie making fan at all. Thankfully, Mark likes to make cookies. Love your tree out of cookies.

I love that Grandma's are fun places and memories that our kids can make.