Yes, really.
I wasn't feeling great today due to hosting two birthday parties, one Friday for Ryanne and one Saturday for Christy and Claudia. Don't get me wrong, the parties were very fun, but my fibromyalgia hates hosting and late nights and I was in pain today. I napped after church (thank you children!). Then I came out to the couch and read my sunday school lesson for next week. And then I fell asleep on the couch. It was about 5pm. Wes was gone all day (still is, in fact, at 9pm) for church. I knew dinner was looming over me, but kept brushing it aside. Then Mckay came over and sat down by me. I was asleep.
He said, "Do you want me to tickle your neck nicely or make dinner?" When I didn't answer, he spoke more loudly, "Mom, would you like me to make everyone dinner?"
I woke up and realized it was 5:30. Mckay was hungry!
I responded dubiously, "You want to make dinner?"
"Yeah, sure."
"Okay." I wondered what he would make and how he would do on his own.
He went in the kitchen and milled about and then said, "What should I make to go with these big sausages?" He had some huge Polish sausages.
"Make rice and green beans," I responded, trying to think of things he could make by himself. He didn't know how to do the rice. I told him the water to rice ratio and general cooking instructions.
It was silent for a while and then another question,"how should I cook these sausages? I could do it in the microwave, but is it better in the oven?"
I instructed, from my reclined position on the couch the method for broiling the sausages, warming the green beans, and mixing fresh squeezed lemon juice for lemonade. I snoozed inbetween while he worked. And, Voila! We had dinner that he served and cleaned up! While all the other kids played. Everything was perfect and yummy. Simple, but yummy. After dinner, he put me back on the couch and played hymns and other beautiful music on the piano because he knows how much I enjoy listening to those songs on the piano.
I am very much in love with my son.
He is so much like his own daddy who is always looking out for my welfare!
Whoever marries Mckay is one lucky girl!
I love you Mcaky!
3 comments:
I've got a couple of girls he can choose from. We need to get our kids together some time. McKay sounds an awful lot like my sweet Morgan. What lucky Moms we are.
What a sweet boy! You are one lucky momma! Glad that you got the sleep that your body was needing. I am sorry you were in pain though.
This is AWESOME!!! Way to go, Mckay! What a great boy. Melissa, you are raising some phenomenal kids and I love them! But they can't marry any of mine because that would just be gross. ;)
Post a Comment