We will be in Nauvoo for four days. We are driving--stopping first in Independence, Mo. After a day at the water park (to let the kids recuperate from the drive), we will see Liberty Jail and the Temple Block. Also Adam-Ondi-Ahmen and a few other spots around there. Then on to Nauvoo and Carthage Jail. After Nauvoo we will head to winter Quarters, then on to Mt. Rushmore. Past there we will go to Wyoming to Martin's Cove and then back down to visit my brothers in Utah. It will be a long but exciting adventure. We are really looking forward to it!
All comments and advice welcome from those who have been before and have good advice to give or want to share their favorite part!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Melissa, how fun for your family! Sounds like a trip they will always remember. My aunt and uncle are on a mission in Nauvoo. Jack and Laura Hill or Elder and Sister Hill. I hope you have lots of fun!
That is awesome! I loved Carthage Jail. It was such a testimony builder to visit. How long will you be in Utah? If you have time, we would love to see you if it works out. Have fun and I am jealous of all you are doing!
ooh, ooh. You are going on our trip in a zigzaggy way. If you can, get to the Battle of Little Bighorn and Devil's Butte. The Badlands are awesome. Mt. Rushmore is inspiring (and their gift shop is fun). We didn't do Independence, but we did find the redlight district in Omaha at midnight. Be prepared to feel profound feelings in Nauvoo and Carthage. There are cabins that you can stay in there-- I don't know if you have checked into that. We stayed in a small college town, Modine (I think), outside of Carthage. We followed a sign to Indian Mounds on a whim, but were sorely disappointed. If you want to see anything like that, do some research and see what there actually is in the area. I think that's all for now.
When are you coming?
Sounds like a fun adventure! Hope you have a fabulous and safe trip. Can't wait to see pictures when you return and update your blog.
Post a Comment