Friday, May 14, 2010

Morgan Carving Trees




Morgan bought a lathe and learned how to make amazing things like bowls and birdhouses from wood.  She taught herself.  I think she is very ambitious and determined!  When she decides to learn or do something, she and jumps in with both feet.  Over the Holidays, she was hoping to get some good pine knots to carve (lathe--shape?) into new items.  On our hike she decided to cut down the forest . . . .

"Hey Brice, do you think I could get this knot off? 
 I'm going to try sawing it."





"Ummm . . . . what's up with this saw? 
 I think I killed it." 

"Hmmm.  Well, I'll just straighten it back out."


Leah is wondering if Morgan is
 going to cut off her fingers in the process.


"Okay, here we go again. 
 How long do you think this will take? "


Back and forth, back and forth. 
"This is pretty thick."

"No, I am not giving up. 
What?! You don't think I'll finish by nightfall? "


"Ahhh, this saw will work better!"


Morgan has drawn a crowd. 
 They are placing bets on how long it will take her.
Who will win?  Morgan or the stump?



Just so you know, she wasn't able to get it off.
  Although she was coming up with ideas
on how to get a chain saw the next time she came. 


A beautiful couple. 


Sheesh--they even kiss when people are looking! 
Sooo mushy!


Well, I guess he is rather dashing. 
 No wonder Morgan can't resist him!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Wow I look skinny even in a sweatshirt in these pictures compared to right now! I hope I can look like that again someday! And Brice, what's with the lumberjack look? And how DOES he manage to look dashing that way? Who'd'a thought that was possible!