Monday, April 19, 2010

Yes, Christmas in April!

I know, I know . . . . I haven't been on the computer in ages.  So here is my marathon blogging session.  And, yes, I'm still in Christmas.  It's a good place to be stuck. 

Well, here are some of the other favorite Christmas presents (after the fort, which comes first of all--they already had an overnighter in it). 

Elias loves his castles and men, his cars and his tracks.  But most of all he loves these hand-made blocks that he got for Christmas from Papa and Mimi.  They both helped to make them and we love them.  I like to play with them.  Sometimes all of us build our own tower-fortresses and then have pretend wars with the army dudes!






Leah has wanted the "Only Hearts Club" dolls for a while now, but we didn't get her any because Ryanne collects them and Ryanne didn't want Leah collecting anything that she has.  I got this cool "Only Hearts Club" dollhouse for Ryanne's birthday, but then my mom gave her one before she opened the one I had for her.  I wanted to give the doll house to Leah for Christmas--why waste money?  I bought it on sale and couldn't return it.  So, respecting Ryanne, I talked to her about it.  She was sooooo mad!  Our conversation escalated to a fight and I finally said (with Wes' encouragement), "The doll house is yours, you can do whatever you want with it."  So, 6 months later, Christmas rolls around and Leah has a big package under the tree from Ryanne.  Here is the dollhouse! 



And here is Ryanne receiving a big kiss from her sister for the gift.  I'm not sure Ryanne wanted the kiss!  But I know Leah loved the dollhouse. 


One of Mckay's favorite gifts was simply a book.  I love Shannon Hale, so I bought this one by her for Mckay.  He loved it.  I always catch him reading it, secretly, when he's supposed to be doing other things (like brushing his teeth or doing homework)! 

guess I don't have a picture of Ryanne.  She was avoiding al cameras as best she could.  I guess her favorite gift was her mp3 player.  She loves music. 


Last of all, you know the boys (that includes Wes) are having a ball with this one! 

2 comments:

The Heitritter Family said...

It's really nice to see you back! That is a cute story about your girls. I am impressed with your parenting and could learn a thing or two for my house! Your kids are growing so fast! My boys are getting so big too and it breaks my heart a little!

Morgan said...

Good for you, Ryanne! I'm so proud of you! I had a hard time with my little sister always copying me when I was growing up too. It was so frustrating! I don't think I ever did anything as nice as what you did for Leah. It will pay off in the long run and I'm SO proud of you for doing something so loving and kind! I love you!