Saturday, January 12, 2013

Friends

Yesterday my friends Ellen and Mara came over.  We spend a day once a month together, just the three of us.  If we didn't have lives, we'd do it more often.  Of course, if that were the case, then I don't suppose we'd have anything to talk about!  As it is, we can spend from 9am until 4 pm talking and talking . . . and at 4 O-clock we wonder where the day went because we all have so much more to say!  With Mara and Ellen I laugh and cry and bare my soul more than with any other people I'm around (except Wes).  It is refreshing, healing even.  It is a wonderful feeling to have someone who loves you and listens to you.  Someone who understands you.

 And I am thankful that friendship doesn't rely on age, circumstances, or ethnicity.  Friendship is the bonding of hearts in love and trust and it doesn't matter who you are or what your story is, just that you love and understand each others' stories. You care. 

I suppose in friendship there must be some base, some commonality of thought, interest, or belief--but it must be broad.  I have met few people in my life that I could not be friends with and even fewer that I couldn't be friendly with. 


Today I had great plans to get up and be productive.  It started out that way, with me reading scriptures and making pancakes for the kids' breakfast.  But then a wave of nausea hit me and flattened me.  It was awful.  Ugh.  I'm not sure if I have a bug or if it is from the antibiotic the doctor prescribed me.  Either way, I spent most of the day resting and napping on the couch.  I studied scriptures some more, read some blogs, crocheted a little on Leah's scarf, and slept.  I felt so tired that anything more seemed beyond me. 

Wes had to work today--he had a seminary teacher training to give.  So the kids, mainly Mckay and Leah, took care of me.  They were good doctors.  Leah made me soup; she also made everyone lunch.  Mckay kept checking on me and asking me if I needed anything.  They also weeded the garden area and did their chores (all four of them).  I was pleased with their kindness.  Elias had some fits about his work . . .Ugh.  He's still learning self-control (aren't we all?).  He hates chores and is very vocal about it. 

So that's my day.  I feel bad because I am ditching Wes tonight.  We have a dinner at the church we are supposed to go to.  That's the last thing I want to do the way my stomach feels.  So he is going solo.  And I am resting with three kids here (who I will let veg. on games and TV so I can rest). 

Ryanne is going to a stake dance. She's so pretty that she doesn't miss a slow song; all the boys always ask her to dance. I'm supposed to feel good about this, right? Ahhh! It makes me so nervous. Still a year until they can take her out on dates, though, so that's some relief!

Ryanne with Dad after a choir concert.

 

With her choir friend Elena.
 
Just one day before church.

 
 
 

No comments: