Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mckay's Birthday Presents

Mckay was very hard to shop for this year.  His birthday is Nov. 30th.  But his,"I Dunno???" answer to our question of, "What do you want for your birthday or for Christmas?" did not help any of us parents or grandparents.  I tried threatening him with no presents, but he still couldn't give us any suggestions.
Finally Wes and I had a thought.  This was something he loved doing at boy scout camp this past summer: Archery.  It was a little pricey, but since we couldn't think of anything else, here's what we did:

We bought him two bows and some arrows, and a bale of straw,
and marched it all over to an empty field.
Then we let loose!

Mckay was very excited.  He really liked his present. 

I think Elias is wearing the bike helmet just in case he gets shot!
Hee-Hee!
Dad is talking about "The Rules"
Leah is pulling up her pants!

AHH! Don't shoot!
Wait, wasn't one of those rules something about NOT pointing those arrows at people?!
Oh, they don't really have arrows, they're just faking!

Dad spent most of his time helping. 
But he also got some pretty good shooting in too.

Leah probably enjoyed it the least.
After her turn, she would gladly run off to play with Elias.

Cheesey grin!
I love archery.  But I'm not very good at it!

Somebody's hitting the target.  Just not me!

Ryanne and Mckay like it the best.
Ryanne feels like she's Katniss Everdeen.
But Mckay is a better shot!

"Hey Mom!"  "If you don't stop shooting pictures, I'm going to shoot you!"




1 comment:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Jeremy would be so envious of this! What a fun present and what is better, the whole family can enjoy it! Win, WIN!