Sunday, May 29, 2011

Snowy Days

In keeping with our annual tradition, we drove to Crestline to enjoy the snow.

We went to Camp Seeley.

Is she eating snow,
or blowing on her fingers
 to keep them warm?

Jordan came with us.

Leah is throwing a snowball at me.

Notice the sock-gloves.
Yes, we are true "flat-landers;"
we don't own snow gloves.

Eeek! Now Mckay is throwing snow at me!

Wow, Ryanne! That was close. 
What would you have done if you went in the creek?

Ahh! Sabotage.  Marauders!
I'm being tormented! 

I really hope she's not planning on throwing that at me.

Well, if everyone is throwing snowballs, I'm
getting in on the action!

These white wounds on us are proof that we have been

shot with volatile weapons.
He got my head, I got his heart,
does that mean we both lose?!


What a great laugh!

He was having a ball throwing chunks of snow in the
creek and watching them float away.

He must have played this game for over 30 minutes.

Just like he didn't tire of his game,
I didn't tire of watching his face every
time he threw the snow in the water.

His fingers are getting cold. 

Oh my, can they even call that thing a snowman?
More like a snow-midget.
or maybe it's a snow elf.
Or just a gopher.

Whatever it is,
they love it!

Uh-oh, we are getting cold, wet hands.

He's refusing to go out any more. 
It's just too cold!
"I'll stay in the car, thank-you very much!"

Ryanne also finds refuge in the car
and in her novel.

But Mckay is still playing, oblivious to his frozen toes.
 
Oh--Elias joined Jordan in the car. 
I guess it's time to go!
 
We drive to Papa and Champ's house.
(Question: Is this Papa or Champ?)
They make us lots and lots of warm,
yummy cocoa! Mmmmm!

Meanwhile, Back at home . . .
Some people know how to stay warm and keep warm.

No comments: