Elias is our "rough-and-tumble" kid. He seems to find himself in many scrapes. He knocked his top front tooth loose when he was only two. It was so bad, the tooth was actually hanging out. It was on a Sunday and happened in nursery. I called the dentist and he told me just to shove it back in there and give Elias some Tylenol. Well, I did. And it stuck. He was pretty black-and-blue around the mouth. That tooth hung in there through three more knocks since the first one and has always been a little bit loose. We knew it was dead when it turned yellow. Finally, a few weeks ago, the tooth started to become abcessed. Not too bad, but Elias had to get it pulled out so it wouldn't get worse! He was really brave at the dentist office as Dr. Thomas pulled that tooth from side to side until it popped out! (Yes, he really did use pliers). When all was done, Elias said, "I sound funny when I talk!" And, "Look Mom, I can fit my whole finger in this hole where my tooth was!"
Another funny story about Elias:
The other day, I was being lazy and sleeping-in a little. I could hear the kids getting up and ready for school. One by one the older three meandered in to tell me good morning and get a snuggle. I was waiting to snuggle Elias before I got up, but he never showed up. I could hear him rocking in the living room, so I called him to come in. He trudged into the room and crawled into bed with me.
"What were you doing out there?" I asked.
"Noth . . . No . . . I was breathing in and breathing out." He said with a stoic face.
"What?" I questioned to make sure I had heard him correctly.
"I was just breathing in and breathing out, cuz if I was doing nothing, I'd be dead." He said this all with such a straight and serious face; I laughed and laughed. It was a great way to wake up!
No comments:
Post a Comment