This is actually my breakfast: Aunt Morgan's famous coffee cake!
And that is bubbly brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Mmmmmmm!
Ryanne and her Aunt Christy have the same birthday: May 13th.
They like to celebrate together. This year we had family over that weekend and had a little party. Aunt Christy came to blow out her candles and eat her cake with Ryanne.
Christy got a special present this year--mostly thanks to Mimi who found it and Me--I told my girls they could not confiscate it for themselves. They put up quite a fight over it, but, no! The Kitty bed (throne really) went to Christy and her kitty Goldie.
Here they are holding Ryanne's favorite present-- a stack of new books to read!
Ryanne invited this same friend over last year and the two had a ball, so she wanted a repeat . . . I think they had even more fun this time. They decorated water bottles, made cute little purses, went to the tree fort and, of course, stayed up late (until about 1 am). At one point I came out and they were watching the movie "Nancy Drew." It must have been a scary part because they were hiding under a blanket, peeking out and squeezing hands together!
Ryanne got quite a few Only Hearts Club dolls, which she collects.
She had a great B-day and says thanks to everyone for the presents.
Rebecca, Leah, Elias, Jordan.
It may not look beautiful, but it was sooooo delicious. I knew Ryanne wanted an ice cream cake, but about died when one of my friends told me how much I would have to spend to get one big enough to feed all 18 guests. I decided I could make my own. From the bottom up: Oreo Cookies, strawberry ice cream, chocolate cake frosted with cool whip, oreo cookies, cookies-n-cream ice cream, chocolate cake frosted with cool whip, and strawberry sauce for the top! YUM!
Only about $8 and not hard to make--much cheaper than buying an ice cream cake!
Ryanne also got to go to Disneyland on her actual B-day (for free) with her Uncle William, Aunt Kathleen, and cousin Liam who have an annual passes. She had so much fun and
couldn't stop talking about it for days!
Here is a little video of Christy getting the kitty bed:
And this video goes to prove that
there is no reason to rent a jump house for the kids!
2 comments:
I agree with making your own ice cream cake. They are expensive. It may not be as pretty as the store but it tastes just as good. I made one for Jeremy last year and will need to practice a little bit more.
Wow, Ryanne! You are growing up into a more beautiful young lady by the minute!!!! Okay, so it's been a while since I saw you last, but you are just glowing and radiant like I've never seen before! And you don't look like a little kid anymore, but like a young woman. I love you and I miss you!
--Auntie Morgan
Post a Comment