Thursday, May 07, 2009

Kicken' 'em out!

Ever have trouble getting your kids outside? I do. Okay, granted, it's often waaaay too hot down here and I can't blame them. But when it's not-- off they must go. I'm a firm believer in kids being kids and running around outside. But that's hard in a city with nowhere to explore and few kids to play with in the nieghborhood. I often find myself bribing, pleading or threatening lives just to get them to step out the door. Sigh. The draw of electronics is all-consuming. And we barely even have any!
Okay, enough lamenting. Here are some fun pictures of when I actually got Mckay outside (sad, I had to document this moment, just to prove to him that he did go out). Elias is tagging along while Mckay plays ball with Mike, the next door neighbor, and David, a friend from church. Mike's dad bought a basketball hoop and it draws in boys like frogs to their lilly pads!


Elias, Mike, David, Mckay
They like to play "Around the World"
Judging the shot.

Eying the rim.


He shoots!


That's all. I just love these boys!

1 comment:

Jill W said...

It's amazing what a BB hoop does for a boy and the neighborhood. Like frogs to their lily pads is true. We inherited one from some neighbors and no one cares that the net doesn't hang straight anymore or that if the big boys want to use it, they have to strategically insert a screwdriver to make it taller.
Good job on getting him outside. You guys look far away from the fires on a map, but are you safe?