Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Ryanne!

Well, our firstborn is now eleven years old! How strange it is to be leaving the world of kids and entering the world of a teen! Ryanne is really changing . . not only is she getting taller and smarter, she is also developing self-control, compassion, and selflessness. It is so cool to see a girl start thinking about others first and then control what she says or does-- finding ways to make others around her happy. She's also found she has a knack for imitating voices and gets everyone around her laughing!
Well, she insisted on me taking these pictures and reminds me everyday of just how tall she is getting . . . it won't be long now 'till she passes me up! Of course, Elias, who snuck into this picture, will pass both of us up in the end!

1 comment:

The Heitritter Family said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe she is so old now (and so tall). When Kes and I moved to San Bernardino right after we got married, she must have been 6! I can't believe how time flies. She sure is a pretty girl!