Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Best Part

When Wes and I go to bed each night, we always ask each other this question: "What was the best part of your day?" It is fun to focus on the best thing that happened to us and remember how blessed we are. Usually the best thing is something simple-- a child's words of love, a friend that called, service given to each other, a quiet moment of peace . . .

Today my best thing was swinging with Elias. I was pushing him and he was giggling. Then he asked to sit on my lap and swing. I taught him how to sit spider-legged. As we got going, he started this gut-busting belly laugh (right in my face, as we were face-to-face). He was so delighted at this new type of swinging. The laugh was contagious!

That was the best part of my day!

3 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

What a cute story. I can just hear his laugh! Thanks for the reminder of what motherhood is all about. I also like your nightly tradition. Thanks for continuing to inspire me!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

That is sweet that you and Wes ask that everyday. It is good to get the opportunity to reflect and think about your day. I love the laugh of Elias.

The Heitritter Family said...

A lot of my best days are like this too! How nice to accentuate the positive before the day is over.