Thursday, November 13, 2008

Beck the Fairy


Ryanne likes Fairies. She really wanted one on her wall, so I told her I would paint one for her. She looked through her books and chose Beck. Beck, she says, is most like her because, more than anything else, Beck loves animals. Beck is quiet and loves to spend her days in the woods with squirrels, mice, and birds, instead of with the other fairies. Despite her tendency toward quiet, you can see from the picture, that Beck is quite spunky when in her world of animals. So like Ryanne. Good pick Ryanne!

So, here is the masterpiece. I worked on it intermittently for three days. My favorite part was when Leah came in partway through my Beck painting. With her mouth open, she exclaimed, "Wow! my mom is an artist!"


I guess I've never really painted anything since having kids (ten years ago, how sad). I'm definitely not professional, but it is a fun hobby. The other kids have now placed their orders: Elais wants a pirate,

Mckay wants snowy mountains, and Leah is undecided on Which princess she likes best!








9 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

Wow, Melissa, you are quite talented!! I can do stick figures and that's it. It is pretty sad. :-) I am very impressed and your daughter sounds delightful. I guess she takes after her mother.

Erik said...

I think you should paint my room next. I want Batman or Superman.

Or Snake Eyes.

The Heitritter Family said...

Incredible! What a special (mostly hidden) talent!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

That is great! You are amazing. I am always amazed at the talents you have hidden. Good job.

Brice Somers said...

Amazing! I love it! I've wanted to paint a mural on my wall since I was a kid and one day I will. But I don't think it will look as good as Ryanne's fairy!

(this is Morgan, not Brice, by the way)

melanie said...

wow!!! great job! Every little girl should have a cool mom who can paint on her walls : )Definitely awesome.
luv ya guys!
melanie

Marci said...

Wonderful job, Melissa! If you decide to paint our walls, no Batman, Superman, or Snake Eyes. Sorry, Erik!

melissa said...

Marci,
What? You don't want batman staring down at your bed? I could paint him with Eric's eyes. We'll also do a big mural of Marci Wonderwoman to go along with it!

Raela's Craft Room said...

Melissa,

You are truly amazing! And... you are hired!!! I've always wanted murals on my walls ~ someday when I can afford it I'll be calling you. :)

Thank you for sharing your talents for all to see.

Love ya,
Raela

P.S. I love your 'Woeful Birthday Tale'... it sounds like my birthday every year, except it's two days before Christmas & I just start to think of what to get everyone. :)
HAPPY ~BELATED~ BIRTHDAY!!!