Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's all about food!

Seems in our house boys have an affinity for food.
Here is a story Mckay wrote:
It was March and I was going to catch a leprechaun. If I caught one I would ask him to give me his pot of gold. He wouldn't give me his pot of gold. He would say I could have three wishes. I would tell him I was going to go home home and think about it all night. The next day I would go tell him what my three wishes were. First I would ask for fifty candy bars that were fifteen inches long and nine inches wide. Then I would wish for a pot of gold (see, I would get it anyway, because it was a wish). Last, I would wish for cookie dough. A big bowl of cookie dough. A really big bowl. Make that two really big bowls. The End. By Mckay.

Not only do they eat it and write about it, they also curse with it. Let me explain. When Elias gets frustrated with someone he yells at them, "You Donut!" He might also say this affectionately or just to be silly and get a laugh. All we know for sure is that he definitely thinks about donuts!

Then there is Mckay. You're familiar with Bat Man and Robin.
Robin says, "Holy Smokes, Bat Man, Joker just stole the Bat Mobile!
Now imagine that intensity with this phrase: Cookies-n- Milk, Mom, I forgot my homework!
Or perhaps, it's a response to the piano teacher,
"Cookies-n- Milk, I don't know how to play that one!
Or maybe he is responding to his sister who is teasing him and he is very angry with her. He might yell at the top of his lungs, "Cookies-n-Milk, Ryanne!" and then storm off down the hall with and angry scowl.
It's all about food!

1 comment:

Brice Somers said...

That is hilarious! The things kids come up with when they aren't allowed to swear! I love the Cookies-n-milk swear word. (it says Brice, but this is really Morgan)